Engineering Contractors Christchurch
About Weld-Tec Canterbury
Christchurch, Canterbury and The South Island of New Zealand. I also travel to wherever the customer needs me to be, including internationally.
Our small team of contractors have the capabilities, strategy, attitude and resources to continue to grow and develop the company to meet the needs of our clients.
Services we provide
- Arc & Mig Welding,
- Stainless Steel(SS) Fabrication
- Metal & Steel Repairs & Modifications
- Cutting & Drilling
- Lath Work - Industrial
Products we fabricate
Stainless Steel, Sheet metal & Sheet metal fabrication repair and maintenance of; handrails, pipework, furnaces, factory equipment, process equipment, industrial plant and associated equipment including gearboxes, transmissions and pumps, compressed air—pneumatics, air cylinders, valves, actuators, head works, snowmaking equipment, insulation, pipe insulation & ducting, generators & fuel tanks, industrial generators, backup power supply, generator installation, exhaust systems, exhaust support fabrication, fuel tank, fuel tank supply, conveyors, augurs, gearbox – transmission, steel and stainless steel platforms, grills, steel and stainless steel grills, hoppers, steel and stainless steel, Railings, steel and stainless steel railings, TANKS, steel and stainless steel tanks, TUBING, steel and stainless steel tubing, HEAVY VEHICLES, steel and stainless steel heavy vehicles, PUMPS, steel and stainless steel pumps.
Industries we service
- Aggregate Supply
- Chemical Supply/Fertiliser
- Wine Industry
- Recycling Plants
- Ski Fields
Health & Safety
- Confined space training.
- Elevated work platforms.
- Fork lift licence.
- Working at heights.
- Site safe passport.
- Impac Prequal.
- BA course with NZ Fire service.
- Fire fighting course with NZ Fire service at the New Plymouth training site.
The early days.
Date started Weldtec Canterbury Ltd
1 December 1997
- Pipework installations. Including Ashburton / Tinwald sewer upgrade, irrigation pipework etc for various wineries around the south Canterbury – North Canterbury regions, Factory services etc.
- Generator ( back-up power supply) installations; including fuel systems and exhaust components for water pumping etc stations in and around the Canterbury region, Christchurch International airport universities and recently for Meridian energy at Twizel South Canterbury.
- The fabrication of concrete manufacturing equipment. Including conveyors, compressed air systems, cement handling equipment, repairs & maintenance of associated equipment.
- The installation of cement processing/handling equipment. Plus repairs maintenance of associated equipment.
- General engineering of all types.
- Compressed air / pneumatic design – installation for factory and industrial applications.
- Stainless steel fabrication of components for ski fields.
- Commercial and industrial applications.
- Repairs, maintenance,
fabrication and installation of various equipment for the quarry/mining industries.
- Special equipment fabrication and installation for earth moving equipment.
Our workshop contains; lathe milling machine, surface grinder, drilling machines, 80 ton & 15-ton presses, various welders and associated equipment, pipe threading and bending machines, materials handling equipment, Lots and lots of hand tools including specialist equipment.